Thursday, July 29, 2010

Double Chocolate Crumble Bars

I remember having these bars often at youth get togethers when I was a teenager but never made them myself until after I was married. Just about everytime I take them somewhere, someone asks for the recipe. They are perfect for peanut butter & chocolate lovers like me. :)

1/2 C margarine or butter
3/4 C sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 C flour
2 T cocoa
1/4 tsp. baking powder
2 C mini marshmallows
1 (6 oz.) package chocolate chips
1 C peanut butter
1 1/2 C crispy rice

Cream together margarine and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well. Add flour, cocoa and baking powder. Spread in a greased 9 x 13 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for 15 min. Remove from oven and sprinkle marshmallows over top. Return to oven for 3 minutes. In large saucepan, melt chocolate with peanut butter. Add crispy rice cereal and spread over top of baked mixture. Refrigerate or put in cool place. Cut into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment