Monday, August 30, 2010

Chocolate Shoofly Pie

I never had or heard of Chocolate Shoofly pie until I met my husband-it is his favorite kind of pie, so I decided I better learn to make it. I got the recipe from his mom. It is quite simple to make.

Note: This recipe makes 4 pies!!

Cream together:

2 C brown sugar
1 C butter flavored Crisco
2 eggs
4 T cocoa

Then add:
2 C molasses
2 C hot water
2 tsp soda
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
4 1/2-5 C flour

Chocolate Pudding:

2 C sugar
2 T cornstarch
2 T flour
3 T cocoa
2 C water
2 eggs (beaten)
1 tsp vanilla
2 T butter

Mix first 6 ingredients in saucepan & cook until thickened, then stir in vanilla & butter until melted. Pour in bottom of 4 pie crusts. Then pour other mixture on top of pudding. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 min. or until done.
Makes 4 pies.

No comments:

Post a Comment