Monday, August 23, 2010

Barbecue Chicken Sauce

My hubby makes some of the best chicken bbq I've ever had and this is his recipe for the sauce. It is enough for 80 lb. of chicken thighs.

1 C water
2 C vinegar
2 lb. butter
1/4 C salt
1/4 oz. worcestershire sauce
Combine all ingredients in saucepan & bring to a boil. Spread on chicken on outdoor grill. (Charcoal gives it a much better flavor than a gas grill) Spread on chicken each time you turn the chicken.

Then mix the following in a bowl (I usually double this portion)
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp pepper
2 T paprika
4 T brown sugar
6 T ketchup
2 T lemon juice

Mix together & stir in with the butter sauce (above) and use on chicken in the last 1/2 hour of grilling.

1 comment:

  1. Ok This may be a strange thing I am going to do! But this would be amazing canned ,I looked at the ingredients and I am going to can this! this week :) I will let you know!How it turns out!

    ReplyDelete